Thursday, January 10, 2013

A few healthy foods this week

So me and the fiance try to stay super healthy definitely during the week.  He is studying for the bar so I find that he is in a better more positive mood when he is fed healthy and is able to work out.  Here are a few things I have made this week. 
 Light Caesar salad and a turkey burger no bun.
 I tried a new recipe (yes I followed a recipe and my fiance was amazing, I usually just guess and throw it in).  It was spicy turkey burgers which were AWESOME and a wheat bun with homemade steak fries.
 We love love this bruschetta but my fiance hates tomatoes alone so I decided to blend wheat bread in my blender and cover the chicken with egg white.  I put the wheat "bread crumbs" on top of the chicken and baked it until done and crispy.  I put our bruschetta that we love to make on top for another 5 minutes and it was delish!
 Another obsession that the fiance requests I make all the time is spaghetti squash.  The first time I made it I thought he would hate it and my heart was going to drop because I was making it on my own forever but to my surprise he LOVED it! 
 Another fav of his and ladies you will learn that the man gets stuck on something and doesn't like the very!  Strawberry banana smoothie with almond milk and whey protein.  Oh ya and I definitely sneak kale into it!
 One of MY favorites!  Chicken tortilla soup to die for and it is SO healthy!!! 
Smoothies in the morning are our thing!  Peach, pineapple and kale which I couldn't hide this time do to the color of green.  Oh well, he loved it anyways!  I always add almond milk and whey protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment